Company ID card
- Company: WeWork
- Industry: Real estate - provision of flexible work space and services
- WeMaintain customer since: October 2019
- Number of sites entrusted to WeMaintain: 15
- Number of lifts entrusted to WeMaintain: 88 (all of WeWork's facilities in the Paris region)
- Key figures: 1 day - to repair a lift that has been out of service for more than 2 months (former maintainer)
- Key advantages of WeMaintain: quality, availability of engineers and the WeMaintain team, transparency and visibility.
WeWork was founded in 2010 with the vision to create environments where people and companies come together and do their best work. Since opening our first location in New York City, we’ve grown into a global flexible space provider committed to delivering technology-driven flexible solutions, inspiring spaces, and unmatched community experiences. Today, we’re constantly reimagining how the workplace can help everyone, from freelancers to Fortune 500s, be more motivated, productive, and connected.
WeWork & WeMaintain
What are your problems and challenges (with regard to lifts, maintenance in general, building knowledge, etc.)?
At WeWork, we provide flexible workspaces and day-to-day services for our members and communities. So, in all our sites, we have quite a lot of traffic every day, made up of employees, guests or even external companies that come to do work.
We have different types of members (from startups to large enterprises) with different needs and expectations regarding their working environment.
From the beginning, WeWork's DNA and our core promise has been to provide high quality. Thus, the experience of our members is key.
The lift is at the heart of each building and is responsible for the flow of occupants, making it an essential part of the experience in WeWork spaces. The most important thing for us is to have responsiveness, adaptability and good visibility of our fleet to understand what's going on. And, if there are any concerns, to be able to communicate quickly with our members.
Why did you choose WeMaintain?
After several searches, we decided to test WeMaintain on one of our key sites: WeWork, located at 40, rue du Colisée, in the heart of Paris.
On this site, we had been facing recurrent lift breakdowns for the last 2 to 3 months, which made it more difficult to keep our promise of ensuring that our members could easily move around our workspaces.
After many unsuccessful attempts with our previous provider, we asked WeMaintain to take over this site, as a Proof of Concept of their model.
What were the results?
At WeWork Colisée, WeMaintain teams came to the site to understand the problem. The result? The breakdowns that had been going on for several weeks were repaired in 1 day and we had 2 lifts back in working order. The site was stabilised over time. Our teams were relieved and our members very quickly satisfied.
Following this successful test, we decided to go further. WeMaintain won the maintenance of all our lifts in the Paris region.
In short, with WeMaintain, we have gained peace of mind! The engineers are reactive, and in the event of a problem, they intervene very quickly. To this day, if equipped with the necessary parts and tools, the engineers do not leave the building until the lifts are back in perfect working order.
In addition to this, the day-to-day management of the lifts is now much easier. For example, any quotes are always understandable. Our operation manager is responsive and an expert in this field, which makes life easier for us. When we send her assignments, we get technical advice and guidance in return, which is unheard of! She answers all our questions and makes it easier to understand technical elements.
Usually it is the engineers who do this, but with WeMaintain, the engineers do this on site and the operations managers do this for our teams. It's a win-win situation. We really feel guided throughout the contract and at all levels.
Finally, whether it's our members or our teams, the overall experience is really better.
What do you appreciate most about WeMaintain?
With WeMaintain we have gained reliability, transparency and visibility. For us, WeMaintain stands out for its great competitive values:
- Expert technical knowledge, both on maintenance and major works, which is provided even before the contract is signed
- Flexibility, speed and responsiveness at all levels (sales teams, support teams and engineers)
- Clear, frank and precise communication (direct communication, by e-mail or via intervention reports)
- Digitalisation that allows us to monitor and understand what is happening in our buildings remotely
- WeMaintain offers a price/quality ratio that is superior to the market and well identified
- A little extra that makes the difference
We like the WeMaintain mindset. If there is any doubt or potential complication, the teams say so and are honest about it. If there is a problem, they don't try to blame it on previous providers, parts, suppliers etc. All of the different teams we interact with at WeMaintain are really empowered and are clear in their intent to provide the best solutions.